Thanks to Matt for coming up with this pearler of a trip. Matt has a bit of a crazy imagination but the rewards are there for those who join in.
We started at 7:40am sharp on this 65km odyssey and ended around the same time….pm that is.
Paddlers included Matt B, Cathy and Ian, Laurie, George, TJ, Mark S, Rob R and your truely.
The constant changes of landscapes make this journey one to be repeated. So many components; let me think if I can do justice to them all:
- The harbour early in the morning
- mixing it up with the rest of Sydney on Coogee
- cruising up close to massive jumbos at the airport
- ok, the filthy Cooks river was a highlight too – just because it was different
- the portage – terrestrial mode as we dubbed it
- the canal
Who is brave enough to invent the next ‘Urban Epic’?